Ove the last several weeks it seems that I keep heaing about the apostle Paul. In church, on the radio, online sermons. You get the point. When things like that happen to me I know it is for a reason. God is trying to speak to me about something. I’m not sure I fully understand what exactly that is, but let me share some of the things I know about him. Maybe they will impact your life in some way.
- From the time Paul had his encounter with Jesus on the Damascus road until he began his public ministry was about fifteen years.
- Some believe that the Unknown God he speaks about in Acts 17 actually refers to Christ and not some deity the Greeks made up just in case they missed a god by accident.
- Paul would have trouble getting a job at most churches today. Conspirasy to commit murder is not a resume enhancer. Acts 7:58 NIV
- If you read carefully you will note that some of his letters are dictated by a scribe.
- None of us really know what the “thorn in his side “was. 2 Corinthians 12:8 NIV
- He was bi-vocational. Acts 18:3 NIV
- He was a Roman citizen. Acts 25:12 NIV Only a citizen of Rome could do so.
- He wrote most of the New Testament.